Saturday, September 18, 2021

A Bird In the Hand!

 

Vol. 1  Chap. 603



            A Bird In the Hand! 

 


 

               My Sister Sure Is No Loser! 

               Most Any Team’s Right to Choose Her! 

               That’s Why When a Bet Was Proffered, 

               Money on Audrey Was Preferred! 






 

               This Wasn’t a Contest of Strength! 

               Not a Race!  Not of Any Length! 

               With Terms We Could All Understand, 

               The Win, That’s a Bird In the Hand! 







 

               All Audrey Had to Do To Win 

               Is Hold a Chicken and Not Grin! 

               Three Minutes, How Hard Can It Be? 

               Besides, I Needed the Cash, Trust Me! 







 

               My Allowance Rides On This Risk! 

               I’ll Double It!  But Wait!  What’s This? 

               A Chink in Audrey’s Stoic Mask! 

               Focus Big Sister!  Stay On Task! 







 

               But There It Is Before My Eyes! 

               My Allowance, It Up and Flies 

               Away!  It's Gone!  “Come Back!”, I Begs! 

               Yolks on You!  I’m Keeping the Eggs! 

 


 

Your Grampa Sure Loves Y’All! 

 


Love~Grampa 




No comments:

Post a Comment