Saturday, September 28, 2019

Audrey & Bella's 500th Poem!

Vol. 1  Chap. 500



            Audrey & Bella’s 500th Poem!





         Mom Gave Birth!  Grampa Wrote a Verse!
         From What I’ve Heard Mom’s Task Hurt Worse!
         All That Year, While I Lay Cooing,
         Guess What My Audrey Was Doing?



         Each Night She’d Read Me My Poem!
         Her Voice a Soothing, Kind, Low Hum!
         The Last Sound I Heard ‘fore Dream Land!
         So Once My First Birthday’s at Hand


         She Called Grampa and Filled Him In!
         Asked Him to Write Poems Again!
         Like Ev’ry Saturday’d be Nice!
         She Says Grampa Never Thought Twice!



         I Can Report Since Birthday One
         Grampa’s Rhymed About So Much Fun!
         A Few Poems Drew Forth a Tear!
         Is There Some Secret Message Here?




         Look No Further My Reader~Friend
         Than Those Two Lines Down at the End!
         One Thousand Expressions of Love!
         That’s What These Poems are Made Of!






                                 Yay!  Happy 500th Poem!

Your Grampa Sure Loves Y’All!

Love~Grampa


No comments:

Post a Comment