Saturday, August 14, 2021

Impromptu Vacation! ~ Part One

 


Vol. 1  Chap. 598



        Impromptu Vacation! ~ Part One 

 







 

           For Us Kids In San Diego 

           School’s Not Yet Started, So We Go 

           And Hit the Open Road ‘Fore Dawn, 

           Off to Utah’s Bryce and Zion!  








 

           Here Standing On the Cavern’s Floor 

           Looking Up I Catch What’s In Store 

           To Know Mom’s To Know We’re Climbin' 

           “Oh My God!”, I Hear Me Chime In! 








 

           Not Sure When I Climbed Audrey’s Back! 

           Good Thing She’s As Strong As a Pack 

           Mule!  And I Know If Need Arose, 

           She’d Carry Me!  ‘Stead We Join Toes! 











 

           And Like Dumas’ Three Musketeers 

           We Raise Our Voice In Heartfelt Cheers! 

           First Step of Ten Million Paces  

           Means We’re All Off To the Races! 











 

           Don’t Know How Many Stories High 

           We Climbed Each Day, Or Even Why! 

           I Do Know When I Saw That View, 

           I Felt a Pride That Few Kids Knew! 










 


Your Grampa Sure Loves Y’All! 

 


Love~Grampa 




No comments:

Post a Comment