Saturday, February 19, 2022

Having Trouble!

 

Vol. 1 Chap. 625



      Having Trouble! 

 

 






Of America’s First Eighteen 

Presidents, I’m Shocked to Have Seen 

Twelve Owned Slaves at Some Point in Time! 

Eight Owned Slaves in Office and I’m 

 


Having Trouble Reconciling 

Their Greatness as I’m Compiling 

One List Shows They Served Their Country! 

Other Shows They Kept Folks Un~Free!






 

They Never Broke the Laws of Man! 

These Men Knew Better Than Most Can, 

All Men Are Created Equal! 

Men and Women … Needs No Prequel! 

 


I Know Folks Are Complicated! 

And I Know I Would Have Hated 

Any System Where I was Owned, 

Where Whippings and Worse Were Condoned! 

 





They Never Broke the Laws of Man! 

But Oh My God, I Ask, How Can 

A Land That Values Liberty, 

Reconcile Such Hypocrisy? 

 


Your Grampa Sure Loves Y’All! 

 


Love~Grampa 




No comments:

Post a Comment