Saturday, October 20, 2018

Raise the Bar!

Vol. 1  Chap. 451



Raise the Bar!



“Just Showing Up”, I’ve Heard It Said,
“Can Get You Half Way to Ahead!”
But Should That Standard Satisfy?
I Hear No Words Like ‘Sweat’ or ‘Try’!



We Should Do More Than Take Up Space!
What Happened to Running the Race?
Who Is It Set the Bar So Low?
It Wasn’t I!   That Much I Know!



I Know How Hard Our Mother Tries!
It’s Obvious She Can’t Disguise!
She’s Proud Her Heart’s Worn on Her Sleeve!
She’s Proud That Her Daughters Believe



It’s What Happens Once She’s Shown Up
That Assures No Patient Mix~Up!
Attention to Minute Detail
Increase the Odds Each Will Prevail!



“I’m Just a Kid,” I’m Often Told!
I Hope Long After This Kid’s Old,
I Look Back and See, I’ve Been Blessed!
Cuz Like Mom, I Too Tried My Best!




Your Grampa Sure Loves Y’All!


Love~Grampa                      (Oct. 20, 2018)

No comments:

Post a Comment