Saturday, December 7, 2019

They Broke the Mold!

Vol. 1  Chap. 510



     They Broke the Mold!



              "They Broke the Mold When They Made You!"

              Me, I'm Not Sure … Some Think It’s True!

              I Guess in Some Ways, I’m Unique!

              One of a Kind Me, So to Speak!




              I Know With My Eyes and My Hair

              That Some Folks Find I am Quite Rare!

              Those Two Traits Alone Don’t Warrant

              A Second Look!   What’s Important





              Is How I Treat Those Around Me!

              Who Are the Friends Who Surround Me!

              How Much Time Since My Last Good Deed?

              When’s the Last Time I Conquered Greed?






              If I Can Recall Ev’ry Night

              Some Selfless Deed That I Did Right,

              Far From Eyes ... Quietly ... Untold!

              Then I Could Shape a Worthy Mold!





              I Think Our Old Mold’s Unshattered!

              If It Fell, It Never Splattered!

              "Broke the Mold", They Said ‘Bout Our Mom!

              And Mom’s the Tree We Fruits Grew From!








Your Grampa Sure Loves Y’All!


Love~Grampa



No comments:

Post a Comment