Saturday, August 1, 2020

So Naive!


Vol. 1  Chap. 544


       So Naïve!

 

  I Had a Dream That Went All Night!

  Not a Nightmare!  I Got No Fright!

  But It Left a Strong Impression!

  One Akin to Plain Depression!



 

That Dream Took Place on My Last Day

Of Second Grade, Before Vacay!

There I Was Reaping My Rewards

Amid Sweet Friends I Had In Hoardes!


 


We Were So Naïve, Innocent!

Thought Ev’ry Summer Would Be Spent

Surfside for Months of Endless Fun

With Besties Til Summer Was Done!



 

Come Birthdays, the Ways We’d Handle

The Cake was Blow Out Each Candle!

Covid Was Not a Word We Knew!

Corona Was Mom’s Fav’rite Brew!




 

I Woke to Our Reality!

Our World Has Changed and With It, Me!

No Fun!  No Parties With My Friends!

No Surfside Days Til This Crud Ends!

 


Your Grampa Sure Loves Y’All!


Love~Grampa




No comments:

Post a Comment