Saturday, December 5, 2020

Covid Night Sweats!


Vol. 1  Chap. 562 



    Covid Night Sweats!

 





I Woke Up Like I Hadn’t Slept!

Last Night’s Anxieties I’d Kept

Right In the Forefront of My Mind!

My Mind’s Unkind, I am Resigned!

 

In Dreams I’d Lost My Last Good Mask!

No One Had Answers When I’d Ask,

“My Mask?  You Seen It Anywhere?

“That Was My Last!  I’ve Got No Spare!”





 

That’s When I Saw My Audrey’s Face!

She’d Disappeared!  Girl In Her Place

Wore My Mask and Took My Dog For

A Walk!  They Left Straight Out My Door!





 

Of Course I Started to Give Chase!

You Can’t Take Daphne From My Place

And Expect I’ll Just Let That Be!

Hey Girl, You’ve Got to Deal With Me!

 

Just Outside, Standing, Blocking Me

Is My Old Teacher From Grade Three!

A Voice Like Mom’s Speaks Soft It Seems,

“Bella, You’re Having More Bad Dreams!”






 


Your Grampa Sure Loves Y’All!

 


Love~Grampa





No comments:

Post a Comment