Saturday, September 26, 2020

I Dreamed!

Vol. 1  Chap. 552



        I Dreamed!





I Dreamed, But Not the Peaceful Kind!
Had Contradictions On My Mind!
Don’t Judge By Colors of the Skin!
Do Judge By Uniforms They’re In!






I Saw Six Folks … Six Cut~Out Dolls!
Six Uniforms for Each and All!
Her With Kind Eyes, Is She a Nurse?
What She Now Dons Makes Some Folks Curse!






She Selected a Street Cop’s Guise!
Gun, Mace, Taser Accessorize!
That Black Man, Tall, With Shoulders Wide
Has Worry Lines He Cannot Hide!







I Eye the Fireman’s Turn~Out Gear!
He Dons a Judge’s Robes!  I Fear
That There is No Occupation
Where the Face Matches the Station!






Three More Guesses and Not One Right!
That First Cop’s Partner’s Here Tonight!
But He Re~Hangs His Uniform!
Alone, ‘Kind Eyes’ Must Face This Storm!










Your Grampa Sure Loves Y’All!


Love~Grampa


No comments:

Post a Comment