Big Sister Blues!
 
 
                     “The Best Laid Plans,” Grampa Does Say,
                     “Don’t Always Tend to Go My Way!”
                     I Almost Lived on That House Boat
                     Now That Idea, It Just Won’t Float!
                          
                     
                     My Sweet Iz Isn’t a Floater!
                     There’s No Off-Switch to Her Motor!
                     When My Sister Gets Excited
                     You Can’t Keep Your Houseboat Righted!
                           
                     
                     She’ll Rush Starboard!  Then Run to Port!
                     She’s Not the Quiet, Sit-Still Sort!
                     The Bruises on Her Knees Attest
                     She’ll Run and Run and Never Rest!
 
                     Hey, Hey, My Name is Audrey Mae!
                     The House Boat Didn’t Chug My Way!
                     That Ship Has Sailed, But Not With Me!
                     I’m Left to Ponder Life at Sea!
                           

                     It’s Sad to Think What Might Have Been!
                     But Right Now, When I Think Again,
                     My Sister’s Safe!  And She’s With Me!
                     That’s How I Need My World to Be!
 
 
Your Grampa Sure Loves Y'All!

 

Love~Grampa                   (Oct. 2, 2010)