Thursday, August 15, 2013

Pammy the Kid on the Cape (a/k/a How Poems Looked When Mommy Was a Girl!)

Vol. 1  Chap. 19                  


             Pammy the Kid on the Cape!



            I Came Here Just Itchin' For Trouble,

            And Found It Right Quick on the Double!

            I Stand Three Feet Tall!

            I Can Lick Them All,

            And Turn This Whole Place Into Rubble!



            I'm Pammy the Kid on the Cape!

            I'm Napping in Bed For Pete's Sake!

            My Dad Says I'm Sleepy,

            Just 'Cause I Got Weepy!

            But I'll Keep My Eyes Wide Till They Ache!



            I'll Daydream 'Bout Lions and Tigers!

            My Dad Says to Sleep, But I'll Lie Here!

            I'll Think About Fights,

            And of Flying on Kites,

            And Tough Kids Who Cry Just One Dry Tear!



            Right Now I'm Just Dreamin' 'Bout Bad Guys!

            So Bad That They litter and Tell Lies!

            If It Wasn't for Me

            The World Wouldn't be Free,

            I Catch'm from Sundown to Sunrise!



            I'm Pammy, Just Stuck in This Bed!

            I Won't Sleep Despite What He Said!

            Did I Close My Eyes?

            Did I Hear My Sighs?

            And Did I Feel the Nod of My Head?






            Oh Gosh, Now I'm Stretching and Yawnin'!

            My Dad Says a New Day is Dawnin'!

            I Grab for My Blankee

            And My Stuffed Dog Spanky!

            We Slept Through the Night!  Now It's Morning!



Love-Dad

(Here's How Poems Looked When Your Mommy was a Girl!)

[Your Grampa Sure Does Love Y'All!

Love~Grampa]



No comments:

Post a Comment