Once Upon a Midnight Dreary,

            While I Pondered Weak and Weary!

            Hey, Wait!   That's Edgar Allan Poe!

            How He Got Here, I'll Never Know!



            But It's Real Late!   Long Past Sunset!

            Still Our Mother's Not in Bed Yet!

            Tip Toe Down, Soft as I'm Able!

            There's Mom at the Kitchen Table!
                            
                       
            I Step Closer, To Mom's Surprise!

            Only Moms Can Smile With Their Eyes!

            I See Right Off, She's Paying Bills!

            Not My Idea of Midnight Thrills!



            I Pivot, Grab Off My Dresser,

            My Big One, Also My Lesser

            Of Pink Piggy Banks!   One's Stuff'd Tight!

            "Here," I Offer ... Seems Only Right!



            Hey, Hey, My Name is Audrey Mae!

            I'm On Mom's Lap!   I Hear Her Say,

            "Still Need More, If We're to Pay Them"

            I Shrug, "Just Use the ATM!"



Your Grampa Sure Love's Y'All!


Love~Grampa                     (Sept. 4, 2010)