In the Time Before Play Dates!  



                   My Grampa Said When He Was Five

                   And Dinosaurs Were Still Alive,

                   For Active Kids, Things Weren’t So Great!

                   No One Invented “The Play Date!”

                           


                   They Had the Wheel and They Had Spears!

                   But Not Much Else, So It Appears!

                   And He Says It Was All the Rage

                   To Play Hockey in the Ice Age!

                            


                   Hey, Hey, My Name is Audrey Mae!

                   I Have a Play Date This Sunday!

                   I’ll Chill With My Main Girl, Josie

                   And Her Younger Sister, Rosie!

 

                   I Sure Do Love the Art We Make

                   When We Decorate Each Cup Cake!

                   Josie and Me, We Never Fight!

                   I Think Her Family’s Out’a Sight!
                            



                   My Grampa’s Art Was on Cave Walls!

                   He Couldn’t Eat His Cave Wall Scrawls!

                   His Kitty Had a Saber’s Tooth!

                   I Wonder If That Was the Truth?




Your Grampa Sure Loves Y'All!



Love~Grampa                     (Sept. 18, 2010)