Friday, April 27, 2018

The Three R's!

Vol 1  Chap 57



                     The Three R's!


         Hey, Hey, My Name Is Audrey Mae!
         We Had a Jog-a-Thon Thursday!
         Money We Raised All Went, They Say,
         To Help To Fund Our PTA!

         Reading, Running and 'Rithmetic
         In All Three R's I'm Pretty Quick!
         39 Laps I Ran At School!
         39 Laps ... That's Pretty Cool!

         Half Days is What We've Had All Week,
         So Moms and Teachers Both Could Speak!
         You'd Think That My Mom's Conference Should
         Be Filled With Tales Of Just How Good




         My Reading's Coming!   Math's My Best!
         This Year I Ace Most Ev'ry Test!
         You'd Think!  ...  But There's This Hue and Cry!
         'Cause I'm a Social Butterfly!




         I Stand Accused of Gabbery!
         That's Why They've Moved My Friends From Me!
         It's True!   Maybe I Gab, Mister!
         Please Move Me Back!   I Won't Whisper!




         Is It So Hard to Compromise?
         Here's My Proposal, Gabbing-Wise!
         If Classroom Silence I Should Dent,
         39 Laps ... My Punishment!


Your Grampa Sure Loves Y'All!


Love~Grampa                       (April 2, 2011)

No comments:

Post a Comment