Friday, April 27, 2018

Vacation!

Vol 1  Chap  58


                 Vacation!

         Hey, Hey, My Name is Audrey Mae!
         I Never Thought I’d See The Day
         When Summer Came So Suddenly
         Like This School Year Flew Right By Me!

         I Just Found Out An Hour Ago
         I’ve Only Got Five Days To Go!
         That’s All There is That’s Left of School!
         And Then I’m On Vacation!  Cool!



         I Once Heard Old Kids In Third Grade
         Tell Stories of Each Escapade!
         How Long, Hot Summer Days Were Meant
         For Daring Deeds and Amusement!



         Will This Be My Year to Cliff Dive?
         Will Mommy Teach Me How To Drive?
         Or Swim Across the Pacific?
         I Think That Would Be Terrific!




         Wait!  What?  Vacation Starts Next Week!
         But April Offers Just a Peek
         At What My Summer Has In Store!
         A Week Long Tease … Not One Day More!


Your Grampa Sure Loves Y’All!

Love-Grampa                        (April 9, 2011)

No comments:

Post a Comment