Tuesday, May 29, 2018

Before My Sleeping is Quite Done!

Vol. 1  Chap.  101



        Before My Sleeping is Quite Done!

             Before My Sleeping is Quite Done,
             I Sense My Sister’s Fun’s Begun!
             She Starts Each Morning the Same Way!
             Bella, the Girl Who Came to Play!




             Hey, Hey, My Name is Audrey Mae!
             My Sister’s Face, Inches Away,
             Tells Me She’s In the Starter’s Gate!
             Like Any Race Horse, She Can’t Wait

             To Burst Out!   Race and Romp Full Speed!
             “Another Hour’s Sleep?” I Plead!
             But She’s Already Out the Door!
             I Watch My Clock Turn 4-4-4!

             I Head Her Off at Mommy’s Room!
             She’s Down the Stairs!   That Kid Can Zoom!
             I Hear the ‘Frigerator Slam!
             That Milk-Meets-Floor Noise Goes “Kablam!!!”




             Later, When the Sun's in Full Bloom,
             Mom Finds Us in Our Secret Room!
             Where the Wild Things Are, I’m Reading!
             “Does Anybody Need Some Feeding?” 
    
             Then Mom Sees Bella’s Flossed and Fed!
             I Feel Mom’s Hand Stroking My Head!
             “Daughter of Mine, With Bright-Red Curl,
             “The Best Big Sister in the World!!!”


Your Grampa Sure Loves Y’All!

Love~Grampa                    (Feb. 4, 2012)





No comments:

Post a Comment