Tuesday, May 8, 2018

School's Out!

Vol 1  Chap 68

   
                  School’s Out!



          The Giant, Gentle Manatee

          To Some is the Cow of the Sea!

          One Strange Mistake Some Sailors Made …

          See Manatee … But Think Mermaid!






          I Guess Those Sailors Were at Sea

          A Tad Longer Than They Should Be!

          Or Perhaps the Sun’s Reflection

          Caused a Slight Sight Imperfection!


          Still I Can’t Help But Smile a Bit

          At the Thought Some Poor Sailor Fit

          Into His Mind He’d Love to Date

          The Manatee!   Now Really Mate!





          Stories Like These I Know I’ll Miss

          While I Swap School for Sun’s Warm Kiss!

          School’s Out!   But Is This the Best Trade?

          No Stories!   Won’t My Book Skills Fade?






          Who Knew?   There’s Tales of Bravery!

          Of Heroines Who Were Like Me!

          Of Magic Spells and Kind Fairies

          At San Diego’s Libraries!



Your Grampa Sure Loves Y’All!


Love~Grampa                          (June 18, 2011)



No comments:

Post a Comment