Friday, May 25, 2018

Parent~Teacher Conference Day!

Vol. 1  Chap 91



     Parent~Teacher Conference Day!


          Clock’s Second Hand Slams to a Halt!
          I Practice, “It Was Not My Fault!”
          When You're Seven, Life Gets Hairy!
          Mom at My School … That’s Just Scary!

          Hey, Hey, My Name is Audrey Mae!
          It’s Parent~Teacher Conf’rence Day
          At Bay Park Elementary!
          It Isn’t Easy Being Me!





          Most of the Boys Love History!
          Me, I'll Hold Out For “HerStory”!
          My Spelling Words Include “Spelling”!
          The Weirdness Gets More Compelling!

          Earth Science’s About Rock and Stone!
          And It’s Taught By Ms. Hayden-Stone!
          I Can’t Talk During List’ning Skills
          Or Reading Comprehension Drills!

          I Don’t Know Why Math Comes Easy!
          Math’s Not Why I Feel So Queasy!
          Oh Snap!   I Heard Mom’s Car Door Slam!
          I Wish I Wasn’t Who I Am!





          “Audrey Mae DeMers, Come In Here!”
          It Must Be Worse Than What I Fear!
          When Mom Scoops Me Up Off the Ground,
          At First I Don’t Hear Any Sound!

          She Rocks Me Gently, “I’m So Proud!”
          Mom Really Said Those Words Out Loud?
          “Straight “A” Grades With Fine Behavior!”
          I Breathe a Prayer, “Thank You, Savior!”


Your Grampa Sure Loves Y’All!

Love~Grampa              (Nov. 26, 2011)




No comments:

Post a Comment