Friday, May 18, 2018

Blackout!

Vol. 1  Chap. 81



                               Blackout!



                   If You Were to Give Me a Choice,
              I’d Pass On Quiet, Head Toward Noise!
              I Can’t Say I’m Much For the Dark!
              I Like the Light … at Least a Spark!


              Last Friday Morning, When I Stirred,
              There Weren’t a Single Noise I Heard
              No Sound of Mom’s Coffee Brewin’
              What the Heck is Our Mom Doin’?


              Hey, Hey, My Name is Audrey Mae!
              Mom Says, “There is No School Today!
              San Diego ’s Got a Blackout!”
              “Blackout!  No School!”,  I Can’t Help Shout! 





              Mom’s Work is Cancelled!   We’re All Free!
              I Plead the Magic Word, “Disney?”
              Mom Scoops Up Iz!   We’re Out the House!
              She’s Drivin’ Toward Our Favorite Mouse!





              Fairy Princess’ Here Are Awesome!
              Pluto, Mickey and Mini Come
              Right Up to Me and Isabelle!
              “I Love Blackouts!   I Do!”, I Yell!





              This Sure is a Magic Kingdom!
              Every School Kid’s Parents Bring’d’um!
              For Next Week I Would Love To Know
              How to Unplug San Diego!


Your Grampa Sure Loves Y’All!


Love~Grampa                      (Sept. 17, 2011)



No comments:

Post a Comment