Tuesday, May 1, 2018

Mommy's Birthday!


Vol 1  Chap 61


                Mommy’s Birthday!


         For Every Minute Ever Since
         Our Mom Left For a Conference,
         My Iz and I, We Conspire     
         To Make Sunday Our Mom’s Desire!

         Hey, Hey, My Name Is Audrey Mae!
         Mom Wakes Up, Home On Her Birthday!
         We’ll Butter Breads!   Then We’ll Toast’m!
         Nuke Seven Eggs!   That Should Poach’m!




         Breakfast in Bed is Just the Start!
         Right Now I’m Teaching Iz Her Part!
         With Isabelle as My Igor,
         We’ll Bake Mom’s Birthday Cake and More!

         Heat the Oven to Six-Twenty!
         Mix Eggs, Flour, We’ll Need Plenty!
         Pour It All In a Giant Pan,
         Then Bake It For An Hour And …




         Gramma Pat’s Brought Cake Rack and Sponge!
         We Check It Out While Pat Cleans Grunge!
         She Baked Our Mom a Carrot Cake
         With Cream Cheese Frosting!   Can't We Bake?

         Just When I Might Have Made a Fuss,
         Pat Says the Cake’s From All Of Us!
         And I Help Write Out Perfectly,
         “Happy Birthday!   Iz, Pat and Me!”

      
         Happy Birthday Mommy!   We Love You!

  

Your Grampa Sure Loves Y’All!


Love~Grampa                      (April 29, 2011)


No comments:

Post a Comment