Friday, May 18, 2018

THE BEST Summer!

Vol. 1  Chap. 80



                  THE BEST Summer!



             This Year I Had THE BEST Summer!
             Now It’s Over!   What a Bummer!
             No More Beach Days With My Cousins!
             Or With Lindsey!   We Had Dozens!




             Hey, Hey, My Name is Audrey Mae!
             How Fast This Summer Slipped Away!
             I’ll Sure Miss Summer Vacation!
             Stuck in School For the Duration!




             Last Year I Did Fine In First Grade!
             Didn’t They See Those Grades I Made?
             How Much More Do I Have to Learn?
             Ain't There Some Free~Pass That I Earn’d?




             Why Can’t I Beach with Linds All Year?
             Oh Wow!   Lindsey’s Coming in Here!
             And Look, My Main Girl’s Not Alone!
             I Think She’s With Ms. Haden-Stone!

             Ms. Haden-Stone is Super Nice!
             They Say Her Lessons Will Entice
             A Kid to Want to Learn Much More!
             I Just Might Stay … See What’s In Store!




             So Even Though the Tide is High,
             I Plan to Give This Class a Try!
             I’ll Give Second Grade My Best Shot!
             Best Friend, Best Teacher … Hey, Why Not?


Your Grampa Sure Loves Y’All!

Love~Grampa                      (Sept. 10, 2011)


No comments:

Post a Comment