Tuesday, May 8, 2018

Yesterday, When I Was Young!


Vol 1  Chap 69



              Yesterday, When I Was Young!


            Just When I Got Comfy At Six,
                Nature Goes and Plays Her Old Tricks!
                I Think You Know Where This All Ends!
                It’s Time To Gather Up My Friends!

                Hey, Hey, My Name is Audrey Mae!
                Today is My Seventh Birthday!
                Imagine Our Mother’s Surprise
                To See I’ve Aged Before Her Eyes!




                Back Yesterday, When I Was Young,
                This Birthday Song Was Still Unsung!
                Now Joyous Sounds Fill the Rafters
                I Hear Games and Children’s Laughters!




                "‘Least For a Day, I Am the Queen!
                “Chocolate For All Who Renounce Mean!
                “A Lifetimes Worth!   I’m Not Fooling!”
                That’s My First Queen Audrey Ruling!



                 “For All My Friends, A My Pony!
                 “Isabelle Can Ride Beside Me!
                 “Cake and Ice Cream For Everyone!
                 “Above All Kids, Have Tons of Fun!”




                  It Seems I’ve Waited All My Life
                  To Cut This Cake and Lick This Knife!
                  Then They’ll Shout From Here to Heaven!
                  “Can You Believe?   Audrey’s Seven!”




                           Happy Birthday Sweetheart!


Your Grampa Sure Loves Y'All!

Love~Grampa                       (June 25, 2011)

No comments:

Post a Comment