Friday, May 4, 2018

Good~Bye Grade One!

Vol 1  Chap 67


                           Good~Bye Grade One!



           Guess What!   Guess What!   You Won’t Believe!
           Apparently I Did Achieve
           The Grades I Need to Bump Me Through!
           Good-Bye Grade One!   Hello Grade Two!

           Hey, Hey, My Name is Audrey Mae!
           Summer Vacation Starts Tuesday!
           "I'm Way Too Young," My Mommy Bade,
           "To Have a Child in Second Grade!"




           But Never Fear, My Mommy Dear!
           The Start of Second Grade’s Not Near!
           I’ve Got a Whole Summer to Scare
           Some White Streaks Into Your Red Hair!




           First of My Camps is Gymnastics!
           I’ve Dreamt Up Rad High Beam Tactics
           Ten or Twelve No Hands Back Flips Flaunt
           My Style!   Then I Stick My Dismount!

           After, When I’m Home From Gym Camp,
           I’ll Build a Twenty Foot Bike Ramp!
           Adapt My Skills From Balance Beam
           To Fly Across Dead Man's Ravine!

           I Hope Next Camp’s Bungie Jumping!
           (What’s That I Hear?   That Strange Thumping?)
           “Oh, Sorry Teacher, Day-Dream Got Me!"
           Guess I Forgot!   I’m Not Yet Free!


Your Grampa Sure Loves Y’All!

Love~Grampa                      (June 11, 2011)  


No comments:

Post a Comment