Friday, June 29, 2018

Bonez! Come Home!



Vol. 1 
Chap. 190




              Bonez!  Come Home!



         There Came a Day This Week I Hate!
         The Day Our Bonez Walked Out the Gate!
         One Minute Bonez Was Standing There!
         The Next ... Vanished Into Thin Air!








         At First I Thought, He's Just Outside!
         I Wasn't Sad!   I'd Not Yet Cried!
         It's Like Our Bonez to Do His Rounds!
         To Stay Alert For Sights or Sounds




 


         That Might Endanger His Three Girls!
         Bonez Guards Us Like the Sea Guards Pearls!
         When I Looked Up From My 'Pooh' Book,
         I Could Tell That Audrey Was Shook!








         I'm Bella!   Our Mom's Voice, Well Ah,
         It Sounded Scared!   "Bonez!    Here Fella!"
         The Sound of Mom!   The Sight of Aud!
         The Rising Fear Bonez Might Have Trod



         Out of Our Home For His Last Time!
         Frantic!   Searching!   Next Day Still I'm
         Picturing Bonez ... Lost ... All Alone!
         Mom and Neighbors Each Work Their Phone!



         There Came a Day This Week I Love!
         Our Prayers Were Answered From Above!
         Bonez is Alive!   And He's OK!
         "Oh Thank You, God!"  We Hug and Pray!








                             Welcome Home Bonez!



Your Grampa Sure Loves Y'All!




Love~Grampa                    (Oct. 19, 2013)






No comments:

Post a Comment