Friday, June 22, 2018

Up With the Birds! ~ Part One


Vol. 1  Chap. 173



             Up With the Birds! ~ Part One



               I've Got Some News You'll Find Divine!
               Guess What?   My Big Sister Turns Nine!
               She Went to Bed Not Late, At Eight!
               I Could Tell She Could Hardly Wait!


               That's Why When the First Birds Sang Out,
               I Bounced on Her, Started to Shout,
               "Hey Audrey!" I'm Thumbing Her Eyes!
               "It's Your Birthday!   Surprise!   Surprise!"






               I'm Not Sure What She Mumbled Next!
               She Checked Her Clock!   I Was Perplexed!
               I Know Most of My Numbers, See?
               So What's the Big Deal If It's THREE?



               I'm Bella!   I Ask You, Well, Ahh,
               Isn't an Owl a Bird?   Tell Her,
               "Your Bella Almost Did Alright!
               "Who Knew Some Birds Just Hoot at Night?"






               She Never Could Stay Mad at Me!
               She Pulled Me Next to Her, Hugged Me!
               I Guess I Fell Asleep 'Bout Then!
               Woke Up Alone!   Her Clock Said TEN!






                              Happy Birthday, Big Sister!!!


Your Grampa Sure Loves Y'All!


Love~Grampa                     (June 22, 2013






No comments:

Post a Comment