Friday, June 8, 2018

I Read!


Vol. 1  Chap. 128



                                I Read!


               You Know How Active I Can Be!
               I'm Swimming or Climbing a Tree!
               Or Running, Jumping, Skipping Rope!
               But There's Another Side I Hope




               You Know About Me!   That's, I Read!
               Kids Need to Read!   That's How We Feed
               Our 'Magination and Our Mind!
               How We Travel and How We Find






                Ourselves Right Where The Wild Things Are!
                Or Somewhere Deep in Nardia!
                My Books Can Take Me Any Place!
                Who Knows What Crisis I Might Face!


                Hey, Hey, My Name is Audrey Mae!
                I Make Time to Read Every Day!
                I Feed My Brain Like My Tummy!
                That's Why I'm Strong and No Dummy!





                Just Like Mommy Once Read to Me
                She Reads To Bella Constantly!
                My Bella's Pretty Smart, You Know!
                My Old Books Help Her Sharp Brain Grow!





You Grampa Sure Loves Y'All!


Love~Grampa                   (Aug. 11, 2012)


2 comments:

  1. Reading to the kids and later having them read to me has been one of my greatest pleasures in life ❤

    ReplyDelete
  2. I Second That E~Motion. When I First Saw Lisa Speaking and Turning the Pages of 'Where the Wild Things Are', I wasn't Sure if She was Really Reading or Telling the Story from Rote After Having Heard That Tale by My Side Approximately 10,000 Times. Today I'm Convinced She Reads Well. And When the Need Arises, She Still Roars Her Terrible Roar as Frighteningly as Ever.

    ReplyDelete