Tuesday, June 5, 2018

There Comes a Time!

Vol 1. Chap. 119



               There Comes A Time!




       There Comes a Time in Each School Year
       That All Kids Love and Mommies Fear!
       With Just Three Words, I Go Berserk!
       My Teacher Says, “No More Homework!”





   

   “No More Homework!” Means School’s ‘Bout Done!
   Which Means My Summer Fun’s Begun!
   No More Book Bags So Laden Down
   My Head’s About to Bump the Groun’!







       No Ten Times Writing Some Absurd 
       Multi-Syllabic Spelling Word!
       No Reading Comprehension Test!
       I’ll Read For Fun!   Now That’s the Best!





     No Math Problems That Make Me Squirm!
     Invading Like a Plump Brain Worm,
     Crawling Deep Through My Cranium!
     All Year I Can’t Get Rid of ‘Um!






    Hey, Hey, My Name is Audrey Mae!
    Summer Va-Kay’s Not Far Away!
    When It Gets Hot, This Kid Stays Cool!
    Let’s See? … The Beach? … Or My New Pool?


Your Grampa Sure Loves Y’All!


Love~Grampa                     (June 9, 2012)   




No comments:

Post a Comment