Monday, August 20, 2018

First Day of School!

Vol. 1  Chap. 392


   First Day of School!


First Day of School's Always the Best!
You Meet Old Friends and There's No Test!
Why Do I Feel Trepidation?
I'm a Girl Built For Vacation!

Each Teacher's Smiling All Day Long!
Give It a Month!   Those Smiles Be Gone!
Two Hundred Pages to Each Text!
I Know Back Aches Are Coming Next!

Under Book's Weight, I Know I'll Sag!
Will They All Fit In My Book Bag?
Weighed Down So, Will I Stop Growin',
In My Own Pursuit of Knowin'?

Just Then the Teacher Says, "Bella,
Are You Alright?"   I Say, "Well Ahh,
"Don't Think I'm Cut Out For Grade Three!
"I Think Mom Wants to Home School Me!"

That's When I See She's Got Kind Eyes!
"Your Sister Audrey Took the Prize,
"In Math and Science and I Guess,
You Could Too!"   I Heard Me Say ... "Yes!"


Your Grampa Sure Loves Y'All!



Love~Grampa               (Sept. 2, 2017)

No comments:

Post a Comment