Monday, August 6, 2018

The Best Party!

Vol. 1  Chap. 331


     The Best Party!

The Best Parties are In the Pool!
Mix In Fine Friends, Like These From School!
Stir Gently in Your Cement Pond!
Did I Mention, Make Sure They’re Fond


Of Your Sister?   'Course She’ll Be There!
Hourly Sun Screen Checks Shows Mom’s Care!
Plus All That Food Mom Delivers!
We Learn to Eat Between Shivers!


For Seven Hours, or Maybe Eight,
Time Flies When Your Party’s This Great,
Can’t Say That We Burned Calories!
Don’t Need to When Guests Look Like These!


“Sleep~Over” ... Such a Crazy Name
For What Happened Once Darkness Came!
A “Laugh~In~Riot~Gossip Fest”
Better Tells Why We Got No Rest!


I Think That I Saw 4 O’Clock!
Last Words I Heard Were, “Girl, You Rock!”
Til My Mom Cantered, “What a Bunch!”
Did She Really Say, “Who Wants Lunch?”

Your Grampa Sure Loves Y’All!

Love~Grampa               (July 2, 2016)

No comments:

Post a Comment