Friday, August 31, 2018

Mr. Marston and Me!

Vol. 1  Chap. 433



Mister Marston and Me!

Our San Diego Library
Was Founded By This Gent, Ya See!
His Name ... George W. Marston!
Now This Week’s Tale Has Just Begun!

His Name is the Name of My School …
A Fact That I Find Kind’a Cool!
He Did a Lot For This City!
We Never Met!   More’s the Pity!


But I’ve a Special Connection,
Since Last Night’s Awards Selection!
With Mom and Bella in the Crowd,
I Do Believe I Did Them Proud!

The Marston Citizenship Prize
Came My Way, Much to My Surprise!
I Wasn’t Shocked Reading Was Mine!
But Two Awards!   I Felt Divine!


I’m So Thrilled That I Got To Be
The Example Bella Should See!
Years From Now, She’ll Roam Marston’s Halls!
'Neath My Plaques On These Hallowed Walls!

Your Grampa Sure Loves Y’All!

Love~Grampa                       (June 16, 2018)  


No comments:

Post a Comment